Copperbirch Champion Labrador Retrievers
” Just about anyone can breed a Labrador. Almost anyone can breed a Champion; even if by luck. However only an expert breeder can consistently breed Labrador Champions – Generation after Generation!”
Welcome To Copperbirch Labradors – Irelands Top Producing Field Trial Kennel of the 21st Century !!
- Breeders of: FTCH COPPERBIRCH MONTANUS – 3 Times Winner of: The Icelandic Retriever Championship.
- Breeders of: FTCH COPPERBIRCH DASHER – Irish Retriever Of The Year 2007/2008.
- Breeders of: FTCH COPPERBIRCH CAPELLA – Australian Retriever Of The Year 2011.
- Breeders of: FTCH COPPERBIRCH SOLO – 2nd Irish Retriever Championship 2010.
- Breeders of: FTCH COPPERBIRCH ZEUS – 4th Irish Retriever Championship 2011.
- Breeders of: FTCH COPPERBIRCH HEINEKIN – Winner Coupe De France a la Francaise 2014.
- Breeders of: FTCH COPPERBIRCH PADDY OF LEADBURN.
- Breeders of: FTCH COPPERBIRCH LIFFEY.
- Breeders of: FTCH COPPERBIRCH SAMURAI.
- Breeders of: FTCH COPPERBIRCH MANDELLA -Winner Irish Retriever of the Year 2017
- Breeders of: FTCH COPPERBIRCH BLACKFOOT.
- Breeders of: FTCH COPPERBIRCH ROOSKY.
- Breeders of : FTCH COPPERBIRCH COLUMBUS.
- Breeders of : FTCH COPPERBIRCH HARP
The first ‘Copperbirch’ Litter was registered with both the English and Irish Kennel Clubs in 2004 by Professional Dog Trainer, Gundog Trainer & Canine Behaviourist Keith Mathews aka ‘The Dog Guru’
Since this time Keith has trained and bred several Field Trial Champion, Winning and Award Winning Labradors in countries such as Ireland, England, Scotland, Wales, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, France, Iceland, Norway, USA, South Africa and Australia.
Keith Mathews’s ‘Copperbirch’ line of Irish Bred Labrador Retrievers are famous for being very Hard Going and Stylish with Natural Hunting Ability yet they are very Calm and Easy Trained. His pioneering dedication to a rigorous breeding programme to try to minimise and eliminate genetic abnormalities, makes his Copperbirch Labrador line one of the most sought after Irish Field Trialling Labrador Retriever lines in the world.
Keith Mathews is a breeder and trainer of Field Trial Champion Labrador Retrievers. His ‘Copperbirch’ Labrador Kennel is renown as one of Irelands Top Quality Kennels for producing healthy Irish bred Labradors for Loving Family Pets, Competition, Field Trialling and the Shooting Field.
All his Labradors are Hip and Elbow Scored, Eye Tested and DNA Health Screened for PRA, EIC SD2 & CNM Labrador Myopathy.
We Export Puppies World Wide
Copperbirch has several litters of Labrador Puppies throughout the year and we are able to export them to any part of the world.
Copperbirch Labrador puppies have found homes as far away as Iceland, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Norway, Austria, France, Spain, Italy, the Netherlands, the United States of America, the United Arab Emirates, Canada, Asia, Singapore, Hong Kong, South Africa, Russia, India and Australia.
Dog Trainer With A Global Reputation
Keith Mathews aka ‘The Dog Guru’ is Irelands most famous Dog Trainer, Gundog Trainer and Canine Behaviourist. Star of his own hit Dog Training Television Series ‘Good Dog Bad Dog’, which aired on the BBC and broadcaster of the Internationally acclaimed “Retriever Training – Guru Style” Series of Gundog Training DVD Programmes. It was through his television programme that the producers give him the name ‘The Dog Guru’.
Keith has trained and made up Field Trial Champions and regularly competes in Field Trials and Working Tests with his own Copperbirch Labrador Retrievers. He hunts with and works his gundogs full-time on a variety of different terrains throughout the shooting and hunting season in Ireland.
Keith regularly teaches Gundog Retriever Training Workshops Globally and is available for Gundog Seminars & Lectures, Gundog Workshops and Gundog Tuition worldwide.
‘A’ Panel Field Trial Judge
Keith Mathews is an International ‘FCI’ ‘A Panel’ Field Trial Judge for Retrievers with the Irish Kennel Club as well as a Field Trial Judge with the English Kennel Club.
Keith has Judged Field Trials and Working Tests in many countries around the world such as Denmark, England, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Scotland, Sweden and South Africa. In 2012 he judged the Norwegian & South African Retriever Championships.